My client, a leading Lloyd’s Insurer and looking to hire an SQL DBA within their team.
- Responsible for the database administration of SQL data warehouse
- Automate repeatable database tasks.
- Ensure database backup processes are automated.
- Create and maintain automated maintenance plans.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases, including performance tuning of database systems/queries.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Review modifications to the existing data warehouse software and any new software introduced to ensure it meets database standards.
- Manage access to databases by ensuring compliance with self-service group permissions.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Familiar with data warehouse builds and experience in working with large, complex data sets.
- Advance knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modelling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Familiar with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred.
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.