DevOps Engineer required to join a global media organisation focusing on the migration of legacy systems to AWS immutable infrastructure. The role will involve supporting a team developing business-facing websites and web services for a gamer network business. Responsibilities will include; developing and improving the automated deployment pipeline, and supporting and defending the availability of services in production. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with the LAMP stack, coupled with AWS experience and use Terraform, Puppet or Ansible. This position has been deemed as inside IR35.
- Ensure optimal construction and implementation of CI/CD pipelines (git/Jenkins)
- IaC, Configuration management and build automation supporting the effective management and consumption of cloud resources. (Ideally Terraform and PuppetAnsible)
- Collaborate effectively within agile dev squads delivering continuous improvements in customer outcomes.
- Provide effective architecture design and deliver solutions through the applied integration of infrastructure, software, and software delivery best practices
- New Relic performance monitoring, diagnosis, and service improvement with on-going support of critical, high revenue business applications
- Working with diverse technical and non-technical teams, including Development, QA, IT Operations, Customer Operations and Product teams.
- Write and maintain systems / application documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- This position requires On-Call rotation for off peak hours.
- Designing and building Kubernetes services in AWS as part of a product team
- Leading projects, from design through to implementation
- Database administration and performance tuning in an HA environment
- LAMP STACK
- Managing PHP and Python application servers
- Ansible / AWX / Terraform (and some knowledge of IaC concepts and variety of tooling)
- Python, shell script or other languages
- VPN management
- DNS management
- GPG for secrets management Cloud
- AWS - Route53, Cloudfront, SES, MQ, SSM, RDS
- 5+ years DevOps experience in large, multi-product environments
- 5+ years using modern scripting and OO programming languages as a contributing member within an agile dev squad
- 3+ years authoring CI/CD pipelines, automation elements related to infrastructure composition, deployment orchestration, and monitoring
- AWS experience (accreditation nice to have)
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.