*Please note this contract will be offered as PAYE or via an umbrella company*
An investment management client of ours is looking for a Java Engineer to join them and work in one of their technical product teams.
You will be designing and delivering technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration as well as working in collaboration with peers and contribute to new technology discussions.
Ideally you will have extensive experience collaborating with Software Engineering team, QA team and Project Managers in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Development of microservices and RESTful APIs using Java
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Collaboration with business users to solve real business problems
- Excellent experience and skills in Java (8+) / Spring / Spring Boot.
- Solid understanding of object-orientated programming techniques and use of design patterns.
- Experience of build tools and CI/CD – e.g. Maven, Jenkins.
- Experience writing REST web services.
- Familiarity with both relational and NoSQL databases (we use Oracle, SQLServer and Mongo).
- Exposure to messaging - JMS or Kafka.
- Appreciation and understanding of security.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.