A Scala Big Data Engineer is needed by a leading Investment Bank as they look to re-build their Credit Risk Management Platform. This greenfield project aims to increase the speed and performance of their stress testing risk system utilizing the latest in Big Data technologies with a focus on Scala and Spark engineering.
The candidate will get the chance to work with machine learning pipelines and design and develop high performance engineering to increase the latency of the platform. They are introducing Google Cloud Platform across the bank and as such the development will be cloud native as well as utilizing modern technology such as Kafka, Kubernetes and Docker. This is a senior role with the chance to grow into a leadership position.
Key Skills Required
- Hands on engineering experience with Scala or Python and Spark
- Ideally have experience with Big Data technology across the Hadoop stack
- Experience with Architectural Design Patterns, Highly optimised, Low latency and Massively Scalable Platforms
- Strong understanding of concurrency, distributed systems development and performance optimisation.
- Experience with source control (Git), build tools (Maven) and continuous integration (TeamCity / Jenkins)
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.