A global Fund Manager is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join their Global Technology department on a permanent basis.
The client are offering up to £90,000 basic and a competitive bonus and benefits package.
You will be responsible for developing, monitoring, evaluating and maintaining systems and procedures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information systems. This position evaluates existing data security procedures and identifies new areas of risk as well as reviewing new security applications. This is a technical position that requires knowledge of security industry standards, provide technical security recommendations and/or solutions around systems and networks, and have a solid understanding of overall IT architecture.
- Perform security incident investigations including: chain of custody, containment measures, root cause analysis, and identification of preventive measures
- Assist with the implementation, and administration of information security policies, standards, and procedures, adhering to industry best practices
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorised modification, destruction, or disclosure of information
- Perform risk assessments and execute system tests to ensure proper functioning of data processing activities and security measures
- Verifies security controls in new and existing computer systems conform to security policies and guidelines.
- Identify potential security risks, and document remediation options or mitigating controls.
- Assist in integrating regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., SOX, GLBA) into the organisational security roadmap
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or related field preferred.
- Security related certifications preferred (Security+, CEH, CISSP, OSCP, etc.).
- Experience in cyber incident response handling procedures and forensic investigation tools.
- Proficient in the security of Windows and UNIX (security access rights, configuration best practices, and potential vulnerabilities).
- Intermediate knowledge of the OSI model and security that is associated with each layer.
- Intermediate knowledge of wide area network security as it pertains to networking protocols and connectivity to/from outside resources (switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, encryption, and authentication methods).
- Technical and hands on experience with cloud environments, IasS, PaaS and SaaS
- Knowledge of SDLC, strong familiarity with web protocols, a thorough knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture, and be well-versed in application security and infrastructure security
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.