A Java Engineer is needed by a leading financial services organisation to work on their world leading Benchmarking and Indices Technology Platform. The core responsibilities will be to build high performance code to improve the speed and scalability of the system.
The technology stack is Java hosted on AWS using Spring and Linux. There are also elements of Python engineering and so this would be a beneficial skill to have. This team works on a vital platform for the business and provides a wide range of development work.
- 4 years design, code and test experience.
- Experience on Java development and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Python, Shell, etc. development and troubleshooting
- Experience in AWS, and / or other Cloud Computing platform
- Experience in implementing REST API standards via data access layer
- Experience working in Spring Framework.
- Strong debug and troubleshooting experience (Linux, Windows)
- Linux based Real Time or latency-sensitive system development experience is a plus.
- Strong development / networking skills using IP based protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc.), and exposure to any middleware is a plus.
This is a great opportunity to work on a leading financial services system in a high visibility team.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.