UAT Test Manager required to join a new service capability within a leading global consumer organisation. The new service capability will sell its products and accessories directly through an online store to consumers, historically these have been sold and distributed via retail partners. The introduction of this new service requires the development of new technical capabilities and business processes to support the ‘direct’ customer experience & ensure scalable and robust operations before the EMEA launch across 7 European countries. Working with 7 business divisions and 5 major vendors, to turn UAT around quickly, in a multi time zone environment, the UAT Test Manager will need to have experience working in a global environment. Beyond this, the ideal applicant will have a proven track record of managing end to end UAT across multiple locations (preferably with respect to a European D2C Physical goods), coupled with an understanding of potential problems at distribution level and exposure to testing tools (ideally qTest or HP ALM). This is a 6-month initial contract.
- Work across multiple time zones (US, India, Europe)
- Work collaboratively with the US based overall programme Test Lead who is accountable for overall test strategy and approach
- Responsible for inputting to and delivering the European UAT strategy
- Act as a liaison between the US-based Product and Engineering team and India-based offshore technical developers and the Europe-based business teams
- Responsible for creating and coordinating the UAT and Business operational Test plan
- Responsible for ensuring test scenarios and scripts are completed
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the execution of the UAT testing phase.
- Management of daily UAT testing meetings and updates
- Creating and communicating testing progress and reporting
- Management of defects capture and resolution with US Test lead and re-testing
- Proven track record managing end to end UAT Testing across multiple business functions and locations, preferably with respect to a European D2C physical goods retailer
- Recent HP ALM/qTest experience is preferable
- Solid understanding of e-commerce functionality, systems and processes, preferably in the context of a pan-European direct-to-consumer retail service
- Solid understanding of back office operations to support retail e.g. SCM, Finance, Payment processing
- Experience testing whole lifecycles
- Experience with building test strategies and test plans including business operational testing
- Experience working with an off-Shore technology support models
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.