London - hybrid working
Up to £900p/d via umbrella
A leading international investment organisation based in London, are looking for an Associate Director to join them on an initial 9-month contract.
You'll join their risk team leading the theoretical analysis of the use of mathematical models and their implementations. You will help drive requirements by ensuring the consistency of the procedures and risk models and actively guiding stakeholders and developers. You will also provide expert support and guidance to all stakeholders on model development and validation activities, to help ensure the global model risk operating model is consistently adopted in processes and procedures, and to help model owners, users and developers understand minimum standards, make use of templates, etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- Hands on experience building, enhancing, and running model validation processes
- Solid understanding of all model types (investment, pricing, risk & capital) with specific SME expertise (preferably both equities and fixed income models)
- Extensive experience in quantitative risk related roles in the financial sector - investment banking or asset management is preferable.
- Hands-on mentality
- Strong MS Excel & expertise with VBA, model library programming (C++, Java, Python &/or other).
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience
**This contract will be via an FCSA Umbrella**
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading asset managers in engaging and managing relationships with various senior stakeholders and the wider model risk team.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.