A Lloyd’s Market insurer are looking for a Business Intelligence engineer to be based in London, this role will be to develop their business intelligence solution for their Global Data Warehouse.
Looking for someone who would be familiar with data warehouse builds and have experience working with large, complex data sets, along with expertise in Power BI.
- Execute data requests
- Present information through reports
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions using Power BI
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with our global teams to integrate systems into the Global Data Warehouse
- Develop/analyse database queries
- Create visualisations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Foster a team culture of continuous development
- Be available for on-call support as needed
What you require for the role
- MS BI Stack
- SSAS – Some experience
- Azure Devops Experience
- Working in agile methodology (using Epics / Stories / Tasks)
- Experience using Repo’s Git source control
- Experience with Pipelines.
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Background in data warehouse design and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks
- Expertise with Microsoft Power BI
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools
- Familiarity with agile and software development lifecycle work - including design, build, code review, testing, release and bug fixing
A great opportunity to join a global organisation at a vital time of growth, with the ability to give influence on the technologies used and help them on their digitalization journey.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.