|Job title :||Consultant – Private Markets – Technology (Data/Software)|
|Job type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£40000 per annum|
|Sector :||Buy Side|
A rapidly growing, dynamic London based firm providing independent consultancy services and bespoke IT solutions to both top-tier and boutique investment clients within the private capital markets industry are looking for a consultant to join their team.
We are looking for someone to join their growing team of software consultants, with a particular focus on engaging directly with client stakeholders, understanding the challenges and opportunities they have, then supporting them with the development of business change requirements.
You will be proficient in defining/distilling business practices and processes, but also comfortable with discussing technical concepts.
Key responsibilities include:
• Working directly with clients to determine their requirements and the scope of projects.
• Making appropriate recommendations for process changes to improve operational efficiency where a process is not robust or optimal.
• Documenting and presenting findings and recommendations.
• Defining timescales and the resources required to deliver projects.
• Interpreting business requirements and distilling them into a technical scope.
• Supporting the development of agreed solutions with business expertise, including user acceptance testing and training requirements.
• Engaging with and managing stakeholders throughout a project. This role will be as a team member within our consultancy practice, who provide technical, data centric solutions to our growing client base.
You will be given the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects including software strategy, software implementation, software/data integrations and reporting/dashboard solutions.
• Will have a proven track record for stakeholder management, and prior experience in a client facing capacity.
• Can grasp new concepts and technologies quickly and enjoy researching unfamiliar technologies and practices.
• Will demonstrate commercial awareness and an understand of project budgeting.
• Will be comfortable challenging incumbent processes where these are not fit for purpose or can be improved.
• Will have a willingness to ‘think outside the box’ coupled with exceptional attention to detail and an analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
• Can demonstrate good time management and organisational skills, with an ability to multi-task/balance multiple parallel work streams independently.
• Can communicate effectively across organisational and technical boundaries, understanding the context. You are able to interpret a business requirement and support the technical team in transforming this information into a technical specification.
• Will be willing to travel abroad (mainly Western Europe) for client engagements.
• Minimum 2.1 degree in a numerate, IT or business systems, or other STEM related discipline. Desired Qualities
• At least 2 years’ experience of working within a technology focused consultancy role.
• Experience of Investment Banking, or Private Capital Markets. (Desired)
• Prior experience of project management.
• Experience with supporting the definition of software strategy, and an awareness software focused in the Private Capital Markets sector (e.g. eFront, DealCloud, iLEVEL) as well as familiarity with sector agnostic technology such as Snowflake, Matillion, Azure, Power BI, Tableau.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.