**This contract will be via an FCSA approved Umbrella company**
Our client, a leading Investment Manager based in the City, are looking for a Data Architect to join them on an initial 12-month contract. This will be to join their Enterprise Architecture Team and will be responsible for providing data strategies for their technology roadmap.
This role is for a data architect who can understand, guide, and solves complex functional, technical and architectural issues around data. You’ll be responsible for handling the physical data architecture landscape, and will need to ensure that data solutions are optimal and compliant with EOL policies; security policies etc.
The ideal candidate should be an expert in database management concepts and data modelling with a good understanding of meta-data management, data governance, data risk, and data issue management. You will also have good SQL skills for fetching information from the database and joining up from heterogeneous sources. The role would also involve intensive interaction with the business and other systems groups, so good communications skills and the ability to work under pressure are an absolute must.
- Previous experience of working within investment management or investment banking
- SQL writing skills, with a solid understanding of data technologies including RDBMS, No-SQL databases
- Experience in Application Architecture. Should have played an Application Architect role in multiple projects
- Experience in Application Integration. Should have implemented at least 2 end-to-end projects.
- Experience or understanding of Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Issue Management
- Experience in data modelling techniques and creating various data models
- Understanding of RESTful APIs for data distribution
- Solid understanding of Microservices based architecture.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.