I am currently recruiting for a Development Manger to work with a major Financial Services Data Analytics firm who will be responsible for leading a large, global development team. This is a permanent opportunity and offers a fully remote working pattern bar the occasional London travel for key meetings.
This will work on a key product which is a real-time big data system that utilises highly distributed data sets for their clients, predominantly within Investment Banking and Wealth Management. They are about to start a major migration to AWS and this position will play a key part in managing this transition. Tech stack is Java, Oracle and the Hadoop stack; and they are major promoters of Agile, TDD and CI/CD principles.
Key Skills Required
- Expertise in managing large development teams including offshore 3rd party resources across multiple time zones
- Experience with Big Data
- Experience with Real-Time data processing
- Background in software engineering, ideally on Java, with the ability to code review (no hands-on coding is required for this role)
- Ideally experienced with Cloud deployment on AWS but other cloud experience accepted
- Key driver in Agile development practices particularly around DevOps, CI/CD, Test Automation
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.