Front Office - Algorithmic - Java, Developer, Programmer, Strats Group, Algo Trading, Investment Banking, Rates and Credit, High Performance Computing, Low Latency, Greenfield
A top Investment Bank in London are building a brand new algo engine for their rates e-trading business and need a Director to lead the development.
The core responsibility will be to work directly with the Head of Rates to build a new Algo Trading platform focusing on unique business and technical problems. The tech stack is Java based utilising low latency coding principles including zero garbage collection etc.
You will be tasked with leading the team technically and provide expert hands-on Java code. Experience with E-Trading Algo Development is essential but any asset class is accepted.
The team sits within the business working directly with Quants and Traders with high business visibility and career progression as well as a direct impact on revenue.
- Excellent core Java
- High performance and/or low latency development experience
- An understanding of trading systems and the specific problems involved, algo trading background
- A track record of delivering complex technical solutions to production use
- Experience of modern patterns for continuous delivery of software
- Some demonstrable technical skills beyond core Java, particularly relevant are: KDB, Messaging middleware (Solace, LBM etc), C++, Python
This is an excellent opportunity to work within the business in a growth area as part of a technical re-build.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.