A Senior Python Engineer is urgently sought after by one of our leading Investment Management clients to join on a contract basis.
The position will sit within Front Office Equities Technology, specifically working on their bespoke Portfolio Management platforms, helping to both modernise the applications and ramp up their exposure across the wider business.
To do this, you will work directly alongside both the core Portfolio Management Development function and the Equities Portfolio Management business for the development of their data services. This includes designing and developing new data pipelines (for ingestion and distribution) as well as new reporting/dashboard services, in addition to core development of the platform itself.
To be successful, you will require the following:
- A strong background in Python development, displaying a strong grasp on Data Engineering concepts.
- Experienced in the building of both Python and SQL-based reports and dashboards for business users.
- Any exposure to cloud-based development (preferably AWS) is highly beneficial.
- A proven ability to engage confidently with both internal and external stakeholders across the business and technology.
- Ideally you will have a good understanding of the Front Office Equities lifecycle, with any knowledge of Portfolio Management being extremely beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Python Engineer to join a truly tier 1 Investment Manager, delivering high quality Portfolio Management solutions within Front Office Equities.
This will initially be an outside IR35 contract, running until end of March, at which point options will be discussed for extension.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.