6months initial contract
A global insurer is looking for a Senior Cloud Architect to join on a contract basis (Inside IR35), initially a 6-month contract with the programme of work set to last 2-4years.
You will be required to Design, Develop and Govern a ‘Platform Roadmap’ for their move to the Cloud. This will include to develop and monitor principles and standards related to the cloud transformation programme and ensure alignment with the overall enterprise architecture and strategy.
- Contribute to the overall cloud, infrastructure and security architecture vision and ensure specific components are appropriately identified, designed and leveraged for the Cloud Services.
- Able to perform architecture assessments of existing infrastructure to identify any gaps that may exist and provide recommendations on remediation
- Ensure solutions compliant with the Platform Roadmap are delivered across Cloud platforms including Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- May need to assist lead architects in creating high level designs that support the Roadmap
- Identify and mitigate potential technology blockers through app assessment and roadmap adaptions
- Recognize and include relevant security standards, protocols and architectural approaches.
- Overall infrastructure architecture design, including the introduction of new technologies
- Collaboration with technical architects on infrastructure non-functional requirements, designs and modernisation in alignment with the overall enterprise infrastructure architecture strategy.
- Delivering Security Architectures/Strategies as part of a broader Enterprise IT Architecture
- Interpreting and applying appropriate Standards, Policies and Legislation (ISO27001, SOX, etc)
- Network and Security connectivity between Azure and On-premise data centre and the Internet
- Migrated services from on-premise to cloud with transformation for workloads to microservices
- Designed relevant security standards, protocols and architectural approaches.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships collaboratively across the IT function.
- Provide consultancy and advisory to other architects
- Software development methodologies, CICD (DevSecOps) pipeline integrations, GIT and SAST tooling
- Participates within appropriate Design Authority functions for various design deliverables and ensure collaborative agreement from Security, Service and Solution Delivery on proposed designs.
- Development of architectural strategy, technology road maps, security governance compliance and policy.
- Experienced communicator, working in teams, strong leadership, dealing with complex people and situations.
- Good understand of the various regulatory controls, GDPR, FINMA, FEDRAMP and NIST,CSA,ISO framework mappings
- Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management and how applications utilise modern authentication standards (AuthO, OpenIDConnect, etc)
- Experience of file transfer standards, and related supporting technologies (SFTP, Enterprise Scheduling, API Gateways, etc)
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.