A Senior Cloud Engineer is sought after by a global professional services organisation, recently voted as one of the world’s top 10 brands, to help drive an Azure cloud migration for one of their internal business units.
You will join a relatively new team that has been established for the explicit purposes of undertaking a mass modernisation programme internally, including said migration to Azure cloud with implementation of Azure DevOps for CI/CD, re-platforming to microservices and upgrading to .NET Core, with a multi-year strategy and roadmap in place.
Your role within this team will be to provide specialist engineering services for their cloud migration as well as helping to enhance their existing DevOps setup. This will involve undertaking a mixture of design/architecture of the end cloud solution and hands-on engineering primarily working with Microsoft technologies.
This will also include working across the full software development lifecycle driving Agile processes and CI/CD to deliver modern cloud-first solutions improving overall business performance/efficiency.
To this end, someone with a background in C#/.NET development who has moved into the cloud/DevOps engineering space would be a great fit.
The ideal candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Full-stack engineering experience, having worked on/delivered large-scale Azure cloud migrations
- Strong development background within the .Net space
- Hands-on experience of Terraform with Azure and AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service)
- Multiple years’ experience working within Agile Scrum environments utilizing TDD/BDD methodologies
- Experience of either working closely with or introducing DevOps methodologies to their working environment, using Azure DevOps
- Any exposure to AWS would also be beneficial
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.