A Senior Java Developer with in-depth knowledge of real-time data streaming is sought after by a leading Hedge Fund currently undergoing a critical technology modernisation programme. You will join a small team whose focus will be on the implementation of both modern microservice architecture and Kafka for a new trade feed system.
As a Senior Engineer you will help drive the design and setup of this new system, acting as an SME within the team for Kafka. You will also be involved in helping them migrate to their greenfield Docker/Kubernetes container platform, mentoring and upskilling Junior team members as well as liaising with the business.
To be successful you will demonstrate:
- A strong background in Java development, preferably familiar with Java 17
- Expert skills in real-time data processing and streaming with Kafka
- Good understanding of microservices and Spring Boot
- Experience of working with Docker/Kubernetes for containerisation
- Appreciation of Agile and DevOps
- Preferably coming from a background in Financial Services, or keen to learn the industry
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.