I am currently recruiting for a leading financial services institution who are hiring within their Capital Markets division. This team is responsible for low latency, multithreaded development of their core Equities product platforms using Java and Scala which is hosted on AWS.
The role is Front Office in nature and as such will involve working directly with Business Stakeholders and building successful relationships. A knowledge of Equities is favourable but wider capital markets is accepted.
Key Skills Required
- Java 8 developer with a focus on performance, multi-threading, concurrency, low latency systems.
- AWS working experience is important
- Extensive experience and understanding of distributed systems, developing, profiling and maintaining multi-threaded/asynchronous
- Good knowledge of Oracle Database, knowledge of PL/SQL or SQL skills.
- Expert practitioner of test-driven development, agile methodologies and clean code programming.
- Configuring CI software for automated testing and deployment of code.
- Good understanding of Equity and Derivatives Trading preferred
- Extensive use of Jira/Scrum/Kanban in an Agile environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global leader within financial services on exciting front office products within Equities utilising cloud hosted low latency Java and Scala development.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.