An experienced Software Engineering Manager with a background in hands-on Python coding (also open to Java) and Financial Services is sought after by a global Tier 1 Investment Manager to take over one of their Investment Data Teams. The team is split across two core platforms, one being a centralised Investment Data system and the other a greenfield ESG datalake, both of which are built in Python and hosted in AWS.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day line management of the two teams, driving software development best practises, inputting into architecture/design and running code reviews to ensure the best possible solutions are being delivered.
Alongside this, you will also be responsible for stakeholder management (Portfolio Managers, Product Owners), owning project budgeting and delivery as well as individual reviews/121s.
To be successful you will require:
- Project and people/line management skills, including delivery, budgeting, 121s, stakeholder management
- A hands-on coding background in enterprise Python (Java will also be considered)
- Experience developing and deploying to public cloud, ideally AWS.
- In-depth knowledge of modern development best practises (Agile mindset, Microservices Architecture, DevOps)
- A career background in Financial Services, either Investment Banking or Investment Management
If you are looking for your next opportunity in software engineering management and would be keen to work for a world-leading Investment Manager, please do apply!
Please note, sponsorship is not on offer for this position and you will be expected to work in office 2/3 days per week.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.