Permanent – £140,000
A global Lloyd’s Market insurer are based in London are looking for a Technical Finance Systems Lead responsible for the delivery and management of products that support the Financial Close Systems.
You will be required to deliver the Product Management for Financial Close, including delivering change and supporting the products in BAU. Assist in the on-going project to migrate all Financial Close processes to the Phinsys suite of products and assist in improving efficiency in processes via API’s, unstructured data capture and automation of manual tasks.
- Engage business teams to establish product definition and roadmap, to meet the business and company strategy
- Coordinate changes with Business Operations, MI, Finance and other downstream team
- Use DevOps to Create Epics/Features/Stories required for development teams by partnering with business teams and BA’s for large and complex topics
- Understand the requirements and capture requirements also in user stories and the appropriate tasks
- Partner with internal and external teams to setup product delivery roadmap and be the single owner for product delivery to business
- Engage with 3rd party vendors to establish integration plan
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements using agile methodologies
- Ability to work well with internal and vendor teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations
- Understand, research and follow technical trends in the industry and in general
- Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product
- Respond to queries regarding the product and its capabilities
- Assess and address technical risks
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems. (Workflow and integration)
- Serve as a product subject matter expert to the technical/developer community
- Coordinate testing and implementation to an auditable standard
- Ensure the tools used for managing change and testing are set up in a suitable way to meet external and internal audit requirements
- Analyse performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of product documentation
- Detailed knowledge of Lloyd’s Syndicate Financial Close Processes, and General Insurance Companies
- Extensive exposure to widely used market Financial Close Systems and General Ledger, preferably the Phinsys Suite and Sun Accounts, but knowledge of in-house developed Financial Close Systems, would be acceptable
- Understanding of the various accounting standards and be able to orate accounting treatment of Reinstatement Premiums, Endorsements, Profit Commissions and be fluent in GAAP accounting
- Understanding of Lloyd’s based underwriting systems, Sequel Ltd based or equivalent market system
- Detailed understanding of the reporting requirements both external to Lloyd’s and standard internal reports, relating to the financial close
- Use of Dev Ops or Jira type ticket and development tools, would be an advantage
- Basic SQL script writing
- Understanding of API calls and links to backend systems
- Knowledge of JSON, REST api to test basic workflows
We may be open to considering a contractor, please do get in touch if you would be interested in a contract or permanent role.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.