A Senior Core Java Developer (J2SE) with a background working on high performance, multithreaded systems is sought after by a leading Investment Bank to join one of their Fixed Income eTrading teams. Specifically, this team have ownership of a global bonds platform with functionality including analytics, market making, RFQ through to trade execution itself.
The platform has a complex & distributed multithreaded code base, provides a latency to its users in the milliseconds, as well as being tied into some of the businesses Algos meaning it also handles main flow for their Credit Traders.
As a Senior Java Engineer, your role will be to work directly alongside the trading desks to understand their requirements and work through an existing backlog of feature enhancements to ensure the platform continues to provide a world-class service.
As such, to be successful you will demonstrate the following:
- Strong hands-on coding skills with Core Java/J2SE (note this team does not make use of frameworks such as Spring and will not consider candidates who primarily use J2EE)
- The ability to write robust multithreaded code and having delivered said code into production.
- Any experience with low latency systems, messaging, concurrency etc. is highly beneficial.
- Ideally a background within Financial Services, preferably Fixed Income (Rates, Credit, Bonds)
- Clear and confident communications, with previous experience facing off to business users/stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Core Java Developer to join a high performing engineering team and work on a business-critical Bond eTrading platform.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.