A leading investment manager requires a Data Engineer to join their investment systems team on a permanent basis. The role is paying up to £100k + bonus + benefits.
The successful candidates will partner with the fixed income quantitative investment team on the build of new custom solutions. These solutions provide fund managers with innovative data driven research and enhanced decision-making capabilities.
This is a senior technical hands-on role and you will be expected to take ownership of key initiatives from design to delivery and to contribute to the architecture and development practices. This role is closely integrated with the investment team. It is therefore important that you can communicate and collaborate effectively across all areas of technology and business partners globally.
Technical skills required:
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL
- Experience of Azure or other cloud platforms
- Experience of Apache Spark or DataBricks (preferred)
- Real-world experience of designing, creating and administering automated systems for data capture and processing
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodologies
- Financial market knowledge. Preferably fixed income but not mandatory.
- Mathematical finance or data science experience useful but not required
If your experiences match the above description please do not hesitate to apply.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.