Data Engineer required to join the innovation hub within an insurance client who have built a digital, algorithmically driven product which since launch 5 months ago is already generating hundreds of millions of US dollars. This role would help to engineer a machine learning enabled algorithm that scales with the organisations ambitions, utilising internal and external data sources and pushing the boundaries of how to apply technology within the industry. Working alongside data scientists and actuaries, the Data Engineer will design, engineer, optimise and maintain production grade data pipelines to feed the algorithm. The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing industrialised data pipelines, possess strong knowledge of database/data lake systems and be comfortable with writing Python and SQL. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovation hub in an industry underserved by technology and to join an ambitious journey to fully leverage the data asset of the organisation.
- Work alongside data scientists to design, engineer, optimise and maintain production grade data pipelines to feed into the algorithm
- Design and engineer a data model which can support growth ambitions
- Work with the team to understand how to make the best use of internal and external data sources
- Create frameworks and systems to manage and govern data assets
- Experience developing industrialised data pipelines and designing data models
- Strong knowledge of database and datalake systems
- Proven experience writing Python and SQL
- Comfortable with distributed data frameworks like Spark
- Experience with at least one cloud provider – Azure, GCP or AWS
- Preferable to have worked in a regulated or startup environment
- Experience working on a greenfield project is desirable
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.