£750p/d (Inside IR35)
An investment Management firm a looking for a Data Manager to join on a contract basis. They are looking for someone with experience of creating and managing data warehouses, including governance protocols, through close liaison with business teams who regard system data entry and maintenance as subsidiary to their primary role.
You will be responsible for structuring the way that the data is captured, held and made accessible to the data owners and users. This requires understanding of and compliance with GDPR, data governance principles, information barriers and information security.
The role will combine data process architecture with an initial need for practical hands-on data management (with support from an analyst). You must have the ability to grow and manage the team as demand for its support increases.
- To map and own all data flows through the business and determine the most appropriate data management architecture.
- To define non-regulatory data policy and processes
- To create and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary
- To monitor and evaluate incoming data files, continually adding any new data received to the dictionary and considering new interfaces by which such data can be received more efficiently
- To identify and automate any data manipulation tasks performed by the business
- To create rule and procedures for effective data sharing
- To establish a centre of excellence for modelling, visualising and reporting data such that the business can come to regard the team as the first place of reference
- To establish audit and hygiene routines to maintain the quality of data
- Deep expertise in and love of data
- Knowledge of the investment management industry and experience in handling financial data
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms
- Modelling and data manipulation skills
- Practical experience of process management
- Knowledge of emerging trends and issues within the Data Management landscape
- Experience managing senior business stakeholders up to C-level
- The ability to develop Data Warehouses and Data Management for similar organisations
- The ability to establish new data management frameworks and processes from scratch
- Knowledge of platforms such as eFront or an equivalent portfolio management system as well as of SQL datasets and of tools such as Power BI
- The ability to use data visualisation tools to improve enterprise reporting capabilities
- The ability to define data standards and to improve process and policies to enhance data quality and effectiveness
- Experience of working with both “business as usual” teams and “business change” teams to cement Data Management
- The ability to build strong relationships and to engage, negotiate, influence and collaborate across the organisation
- Outstanding written documentation and verbal communication
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.