900p/d (Inside ir35)
A global investment management firm are looking for an IT Architecture & Strategy Lead on a contract basis. A company that has grown exponentially in the last few years, with their support functions, including IT, needing to adapt in order to support this growth and service the business appropriately.
Most of the Information Technology services are outsourced to 3rd party providers with the IT function and services located in the UK.
We are looking for an experienced IT strategist & Architect to shape their long-term IT strategy and develop standards in line with our business objectives and governance requirements, including regulatory. By understanding the current environment - what data they have, its location and what tools they have to manage it – you will construct an environment that integrates our systems, enabling the smooth flow of data between systems in a transparent and automated way. Solutions must be robust, secure and scalable.
In addition, you will lead the strategic introduction and direction of new technology and/or methods into the organisation.
We are looking for someone who has significant experience in Microsoft environment as well as systems integration technologies, including APIs, general data interchange formats, principles and processes.
This is a strategic leadership role. The objective is to design, develop and implement an architecture strategy:
- to support the business units and offices across geographies
- to support and propose a fit for purpose way forward, ensuring simplicity, scalability, and operational efficiency – in line with market best practices.
- Identifying and documenting key systems including dependencies
- Defining the enterprise technology architecture strategy, including seamless integration of systems
- Create roadmaps to manage business technology growth and services
- Effectively align and communicate with senior management on business and strategic goals
- Defining, documenting and operating governance rules for reviewing and approving standards and designs
- Working with the data management team, define strategy for data-warehouse management, implementation of tools for data modelling, and data tagging for GDPR
- Understand the future needs and opportunities and translate them into technology and services that create business value.
- Contribute to defining IT’s overall operating model
You will be an experienced architect with strong backgrounds in technology; and will have designed and implemented architectural transformation programs;
- Experience in designing and implementing enterprise-wide architecture, with a focus on integration, automation and analytics
- Strong experience in managing 3rd party providers
- Strong focus on the user experience, including improved adoption of tools within the organisation
- ideally having operated in a similar environment with offices in developing countries.
- Financial investment management background
Essential skills include:
- Strong experience in Microsoft technologies (including Azure, O365, MS suite of products such as BI analytics, Sharepoint, Teams…)
- DevOps - linking e-Front systems, APIs, business flow optimisation, propose tools (e.g. data modelling)
- Data feeds
- GDPR (data tagging)
- Experience in implanting middleware to bridge the various disparate systems
- E-front package
- CRM tools
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.