My Client a leading financial services business based in London are looking for a PMO Manager to cover a maternity leave for an initial 12 Months, with flex to work from home. The portfolio itself sits with their shared technology function and requires governance and financial due diligence as well regular reporting to senior stakeholders. In addition, you will be working closely with the Portfolio Director and managing a PMO analyst.
On a day to basis you will be required to:
- Review project and portfolio reporting for accuracy, working with Project Managers to draw out the achievements and upcoming activities and challenging RAG rationale if required
- Creation of the monthly Portfolio Board Pack (standard slides) and agreeing and creating any spotlight sessions
- Financial management of the Capex budget forecast, following up with Project Managers variances in actuals vs forecasts, challenging costs where over and under budget, working with Finance to remediate any cost issues and frequent review of run rate/spend achievability
- Monthly review of headcount reports, ensuring that there is frequent validation with Team Leads
- Monthly review and attestation of risk control points
- Chairing Shared Services Ltd Resource Board fortnightly; creation of pack and logging of approvals
- Maintaining best practice in Clarity (e.g. ensure all budgets, drawdowns, stage gates are up to date)
This role requires the following:
- Experience in applying appropriate governance controls, following change frameworks and project reporting
- Experience in financial forecasting and tracking, planning project budgets, strong financial awareness
- Experience in data, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing at least one resource
- Significant previous PMO experience in a portfolio or programme management environment
- Experience in large banking, financial services organisations, or technology industries
This is a fast paced portfolio lead role with management responsibilty and senior stakeholder engagement visibility, there could be opprtunities for this to convert to a permanent role over time.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.