A Senior Big Data Engineer, with strong experience both in Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem, is urgently sought after by a leading Financial Services organisation to work on their data ingestion, analytics and distribution programme.
The team are in the process of building a new enterprise data platform, as well as being responsible for improving the way that Data is ingested, processed and distributed, constantly looking for new technologies and methods to improve their processes.
They are currently going through a re-platforming of their systems, including a shift to cloud and need a talented resource to assist with this programme of work, coming from a Big Data engineering perspective.
The ideal candidate will have; a hybrid engineering/architecture background, a familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) and expert level experience with Big Data Technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Hive etc). As well as strong technical ability, they are looking for someone that will bring fresh ideas and challenge the status quo, whilst also giving technical guidance to other engineers. This is an initial 6-month contract with likelihood of extension beyond this point.
Candidates must have:
- Proven experience in designing and building Big Data platform solutions primarily based on Apache Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Excellent experience in systems processing very large data volumes at near real-time speed.
- Hands-on coding background across a variety of languages, Java, Python, Scala etc.
- Exposure to Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- API design experience
- Strong big data knowledge and exposure to data analytics platforms/applications.
- Familiarity with designing microservice architectures.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.