A Senior Java Developer is urgently sought after by a global Financial Services business to join their Credit Default Swaps technology team and help drive an ongoing tech modernisation/transformation project, working on a business-critical platform that provides risk, pricing and margin calculation services for credit derivative and options products (amongst others).
You will work closely with the business users themselves to introduce new functionality, such as enhanced trade simulation capabilities, onboarding of new product types, as well as helping port the platform onto AWS cloud.
To do this, you will work heavily with Java and Spring Boot Microservices, working as part of an Agile team that closely adhere to TDD and utilise DevOps CICD.
To be successful you will demonstrate the following:
- A strong background in server-side Java development with usage of Spring Boot to develop modern microservices
- Experience working with both public cloud and containerised systems using AWS, EC3, S3, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- An Agile mindset with experience in both TDD and DevOps CI/CD, using tools such as Jenkins, Junit, Mockito etc.
- A background in Financial Services, ideally with exposure to any of Risk, Pricing of calculation services, and preferably within the Credit Derivatives space
- A clear communicator with strong stakeholder engagement skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Senior Java Developer to get involved in an interesting modernisation/cloud migration project for a truly world leading credit derivatives clearing platform.
Please note, you will be required to work via an umbrella company for the duration of this contract, due to the organisations policy for contractors.
Cornwallis Elt is an Employment Agency & Employment Business and has been listed 3 times in The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 of the UK`s fastest growing private companies, as well as in the Recruitment International Top 250, Top 50 in IT and the Recruiter Fast 50 & Hot 100 reports.